question

thompson7544 avatar image
thompson7544 asked ak answered

Emergency calling - Registered Location. UK Account.

Hi,

Total RC newbie here, sorry if I have missed something obvious.

I've made a sandbox and added a second user. The user received an email which links to 'Set Up Account' at secure.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk.

I enter User Info OK,

I enter Regional settings OK.

When I try to supply an address for Emergency calling - Registered Location I get (no matter what data I try) a modal window:

"Warning! The street, city and/or state information does not match: Please try again."

If I try to edit this information through service.devtest.ringcentral.co.uk > Phones and Devices > User Phones it just says ''Validation errors occurred. Please confirm the fields and submit again." but no fields are red and there is no feedback on what is wrong.

I am baffled.

Without this Registered Location data the new user can't make calls. I need some calls between two users as my "mission" is to retrieve call data from the API, and Step1: create some data.

Any ideas?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ak avatar image
ak answered

Hi Thompson,

In Sandbox Environment, you are allowed to put in the default Emergency Calling address for the User ( Extension ). Could you verify by providing the Default Emergency Address which is present when you Add Device.

Below is a Knowledge Base article on 'How to set up RingCentral Desktop App' :

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/6266.html

If you are still having problems changing the Emergency Address to -> Default, kindly send in a help ticket with the sandbox account number, and the developer support team can take a look at the settings.

Thanks!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys