question

Brad Prescott avatar image
Brad Prescott asked anon-user Deactivated edited

Updating a profile on the app?

Anyone that I have sent a text to via the app is just showing their phone number. There doesn't seem to be an option to update the profile anywhere that I have found. Is this possible?

app administration
2019-08-02-0805.png (29.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

They are SMS messages sent from those numbers to your RingCentral number. You need to login your RingCentral account (https://service.ringcentral.com) and add those numbers as your personal contacts.

However, right now, only the RingCentral mobile app takes the Personal contact. Thus, once a number is added to your RingCentral personal contact, you will see the name of that person instead of the phone number on your RingCentral mobile app.

For some reason, the RingCentral desktop (Mac OS and Windows) app does not take the Personal contact and that is why it just shows the phone number. I will check with the dev team to see how to fix this and make it available in the next release.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys