question

Adithya PK avatar image
Adithya PK asked Joe Ramos commented

Reliable way to get "to" and "from" for a warm transferred call.

When the original caller is transferred from one extension to another extension(or to any other number), I couldn't find a reliable way to identify, from whom to whom the call was transferred.

From the call log API(/restapi/v1.0/account/~/call-log?&view=Detailed) , Only info related to call transfer is in call leg as given below:

{
      "action": "Transfer",
      "direction": "Outbound",
      "duration": 21,
      "extension": {
        "id": 249697004,
        "uri": "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/249331004/extension/249697004"
      },
      "from": {
        "extensionId": "249697004",
        "name": "Nanda Kumar"
      },
      "legType": "TransferCall",
      "result": "Call connected",
      "startTime": "2019-07-18T08:46:36.185Z",
      "to": {
        "location": "Los Angeles , CA"
      },
      "transport": "PSTN",
      "type": "Voice"
}

Which does not have the proper `to` and `from` values.

phonerest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Ramos avatar image Joe Ramos commented ·

I have the same issue, and would love a fix or best way. In my situation the end user has an extension and a direct number. In some cases, I am guessing on the warm transfer we get the receptionist, but not the end user. So we cannot total up the sales person calls and duration properly. Wanted to use legs, but how do we go about getting the correct leg? So non intuitive, please help!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Joe Ramos commented

Is the transferred number under the same account? Does the extension have a direct number or just an extension number?

I run some test on the production environment and I got the "from" and "to" correctly. Are you able to test on the your production account?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Ramos avatar image Joe Ramos commented ·

I have the same issue, and would love a fix or best way. In my situation the end user has an extension and a direct number. In some cases, I am guessing on the warm transfer we get the receptionist, but not the end user. So we cannot total up the sales person calls and duration properly. Wanted to use legs, but how do we go about getting the correct leg? So non intuitive, please help!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys