question

sprout-system26807 avatar image
sprout-system26807 asked Tyler Liu commented

Id = 8, Status = WaitingForActivation, Method = "{null}", Result = "{Not yet computed}"

When i try to get access token getting this issue.

I'm using below code:

RestClient rc = null;

if (!string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(Config.Instance.server))

{

rc = new RestClient(Config.Instance.appKey, Config.Instance.appSecret, Config.Instance.server);

}

else

{

rc = new RestClient(Config.Instance.appKey, Config.Instance.appSecret, Config.Instance.production.Value);

}

await rc.Authorize(Config.Instance.username, Config.Instance.extension, Config.Instance.password);

Assert.NotNull(rc.token.access_token);

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I think the Assert library doesn't support async await code although I am don't know which unit testing library you are using. Please change to  var token = rc.Authorize(Config.Instance.username, Config.Instance.extension, Config.Instance.password).Result;   and try again.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sprout-system6828 avatar image
sprout-system6828 answered Tyler Liu commented
Thank for your response, i am also use this way, but not get the token throw the 400 Bad Request error, i pasted my code changes 

public RestClientFixture()
        {
            if (!string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(Config.Instance.server))
            {
                rc = new RestClient(Config.Instance.appKey, Config.Instance.appSecret, false);
            }
            else
            {
                rc = new RestClient(Config.Instance.appKey, Config.Instance.appSecret, false);
            }

var temp = rc.Authorize(Config.Instance.username, Config.Instance.extension, Config.Instance.password).Result;
        }

i refer this link to implement this concept ,  https://github.com/grokify/ringcentral-demos-oauth/tree/master/csharp-nancy/

but still i am not getting, 

Authorize method return below error, 
{"Request to  https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token failed with status code 400 (Bad Request)."}

even i download multiple source code to implement this concept using c# but all are return same issue. i don't know where i missing. Please give idea to resolve this issue.
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Could you please run your code in Visual Studio in debug mode and inspect the inner exceptions? 400 (Bad request) is not very useful for troubleshooting.

Even when the response status code is 400, you can still get the HTTP message body and read the error detail so we could know what happened.

It might because your credentials are wrong. But we are not sure until you see the HTTP response body which contains error message.
0 Likes 0 ·
sprout-system6828 avatar image
sprout-system6828 answered
Here i pasted the screenshot for the response error.

1 |3000

sprout-system26807 avatar image
sprout-system26807 answered Tyler Liu commented
hello if any idea about this issue Please let me know

1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
We need to extract the response body. I forgot to post you more information:
https://github.com/tmenier/Flurl/issues/114
http://tmenier.github.io/Flurl/error-handling/
catch (FlurlHttpException ex) {     // For error responses that take a known shape     TError e = ex.GetResponseJson<TError>();      // For error responses that take an unknown shape     dynamic d = ex.GetResponseJson();     string s = ex.GetResponseString();&nbsp; }
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys