question

Speedway Wireless avatar image
Speedway Wireless asked ·

Can't send SMS with spaces

I can send SMS with no spaces, as soon as I try to make a full sentence or even one space, I receive the error message,

{

"errorCode" : "InvalidJson",

"message" : "Invalid json in section [text]",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-131",

"message" : "Invalid json in section [text]",

"section" : "text"

} ],

"section" : "text"

}

Here is my curl post.

"-X POST

-H \"accept: application/json\"

-H \"content-type: application/json\"

-H \"authorization: Bearer "& $token &" \"

--data {\"from\":{\"phoneNumber\":\"xxxxxxxxxx\"},\"to\":[{\"phoneNumber\":\"xxxxxxxxxx\"}],\"text\":\"test test\"}"

Any help would be appreciated.

sms
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

Not sure why your system does not work. This works fine for me

curl -XPOST https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/[accountid]/extension/[extensionId]/sms -H 'accept: application/json' -H 'content-type: application/json' -H 'authorization: Bearer valid-access-token' --data '{"from":{"phoneNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx"},"to":[{"phoneNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx"}],"text":"test test and test again"}'

Can you try with "test%20test"

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I tried the "test%20test" but I received "test%20test" in the SMS message. I am using this in Filemaker if that changes anything.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Anirban Sen Chowdhary avatar image
Anirban Sen Chowdhary answered ·

This is something wired ... I never faced this issue.. Just see I am getting the response perfectly

Make sure you using correct Json POST request as below format and structure:

{"from":{"phoneNumber":"your phone number"},"to":[{"phoneNumber":"Your number to send"},{"phoneNumber":"Your number to send"}],"text":"Test message with space"} 

th.jpg (221.9 KiB)

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered ·

Please check the phone numbers as well, it needs to be in E.164 format - Also, what is the error message you are facing? Can you elaborate?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.