question

Speedway Wireless avatar image
Speedway Wireless asked Adrian Amaral answered

Can't send SMS with spaces

I can send SMS with no spaces, as soon as I try to make a full sentence or even one space, I receive the error message,

{

"errorCode" : "InvalidJson",

"message" : "Invalid json in section [text]",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-131",

"message" : "Invalid json in section [text]",

"section" : "text"

} ],

"section" : "text"

}

Here is my curl post.

"-X POST

-H \"accept: application/json\"

-H \"content-type: application/json\"

-H \"authorization: Bearer "& $token &" \"

--data {\"from\":{\"phoneNumber\":\"xxxxxxxxxx\"},\"to\":[{\"phoneNumber\":\"xxxxxxxxxx\"}],\"text\":\"test test\"}"

Any help would be appreciated.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Speedway Wireless commented

Not sure why your system does not work. This works fine for me

curl -XPOST https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/[accountid]/extension/[extensionId]/sms -H 'accept: application/json' -H 'content-type: application/json' -H 'authorization: Bearer valid-access-token' --data '{"from":{"phoneNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx"},"to":[{"phoneNumber":"xxxxxxxxxx"}],"text":"test test and test again"}'

Can you try with "test%20test"

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Speedway Wireless avatar image Speedway Wireless commented ·

I tried the "test%20test" but I received "test%20test" in the SMS message. I am using this in Filemaker if that changes anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

This is something wired ... I never faced this issue.. Just see I am getting the response perfectly

Make sure you using correct Json POST request as below format and structure:

{"from":{"phoneNumber":"your phone number"},"to":[{"phoneNumber":"Your number to send"},{"phoneNumber":"Your number to send"}],"text":"Test message with space"} 

th.jpg (221.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered

Please check the phone numbers as well, it needs to be in E.164 format - Also, what is the error message you are facing? Can you elaborate?

1 |3000

Adrian Amaral avatar image
Adrian Amaral answered

FileMaker encodes the data in a weird way...To get spaces in the text body to produce valid code, the --data must be used from a variable:
Set Variable $data ; "{\"from\":{\"phoneNumber\":\"" & $from & "\"},\"text\":\"" & $message & "\",\"to\":[{\"phoneNumber\":\"" & $to & "\"}]}"

then the cURL must reference "-d @$data" as in:

"--request POST" & ¶ &
"--header \"Accept: application/json\"" & ¶ &
"--header \"authorization: Bearer " & $token & "\"" & ¶ &
"--header \"content-type: application/json\"" & ¶ &
"-d @$data"

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys