question

ak avatar image
ak asked Anirban answered

Can I move an App to Production under a Free Tier RingCentral Developer Account ?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
Here's a question from one of our developers who is building an application using the Free tier Developer Account.

"I have a sandbox app that is validated and promoted to 'production' but I cannot seem to authorize the app using my Production credentials, can somebody help"
Before we answer this question let's look at what differentiates a Public vs Private App in RingCentral :

Public vs Private App's
  • Private  if you are developing an app for your own RingCentral account use;

• Public  if you are developing an app for many RingCentral accounts.

Public apps require 3-legged OAuth so the password can stay with the user/resource owner and is not provided to the app when the app owner is different. Public apps would need to use the  Authorization Code Flow to authorize. 

For a private app, the app owner and resource owner are the same from a company perspective so the password grant which allows the app to access the password is allowed. However, in order to use the  Password Flow  to authorize you would need to make sure the app is of the type :
  • ApplicationType private

• PlatformType Server-Only (NO UI)

So, can I graduate an app under Free tier?

Yes, we can Graduate an app under Free Tier Developer account, provided the :

Application Type = Public 

What if my app is of the Application Type =  Private?

If your application is of the type Private then you would need to either:
  1. Upgrade your RingCentral Free tier Developer account to a Paid RingCentral Account:
  2. RC Office Upgrade Plans 

3. Create a Public App instead

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Also thought of adding the reference of different criteria discussed here and here to move the application to production

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys