question

Carly Fristoe avatar image
Carly Fristoe asked Carly Fristoe commented

How do I launch the RingCentral mobile app from my React-native app?

I am trying to integrate RingCentral within my react-native mobile application. What I'd like to do is have the ability for a user to tap on a phone number from within my app and have it open and call through the RingCentral mobile app. I believe this requires a redirect URI for the RC mobile app, but I am unable to find this.

getting started
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Carly Fristoe avatar image Carly Fristoe commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Carly Fristoe avatar image Carly Fristoe commented ·

@Phong Vu yes, that worked for RCMobile! There is a new iOS app for ring central that has Glip, Phone, contacts, etc. Do you know what the schema for starting a phone call in that app is?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Carly Fristoe commented ·

Can you try "glip://...

Let me know if that works.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Carly,

I am not sure if this work or not but can you try to open a link like this "rcmobile://call?number=+1234567890" to see if it works. That is the scheme we use with the href attribute of an <a> tag to launch the RingCentral mobile app from a web page.

Please let me know if it works.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys