question

numan-ilyas2058 avatar image
numan-ilyas2058 asked Leonard leWang Deactivated edited

Sending SMS to multiple numbers

Hi Team,

I am using PHP SDK to send SMS. When I send to one number it works fine but when I try to send to two numbers I get following error:

Business operation is not supported

I am currently on sandbox environment so not sure if this is environment specific issue.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Numan Ilyas

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Only a single SMS recipient is currently allowed. This is shown in the request example below:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefSMSMessages.html

For internal company messages sent directly to user extensions, you can use the pager functionality to send to multiple users in a single API call. This is shown in the request example below:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefPagerMessages.html
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

numan-ilyas2058 avatar image
numan-ilyas2058 answered
Thanks for the reply John. I hope RingCentral does allow sending to multiple recipients in future.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered numan-ilyas2058 commented
This limitation is to prevent SMS-SPAM and bulk sending as that is not a supported workflow at this time with our API.
1 comment
1 |3000

numan-ilyas2058 avatar image numan-ilyas2058 commented ·
Alright. Our use case don't involve bulk messaging. Sometimes we have to send messages to our subscribers which we can send by staying within the max limit per minute.
Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
tayyab-sajjad6063 avatar image
tayyab-sajjad6063 answered
Can you help me in sending sms using access_token in php SDK ?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys