question

travis6036 avatar image
travis6036 asked travis6036 commented

Private application using password flow suddenly stopped working in April

We have an application that regularly pulls call log information using the API, The app is set as Private and is in production.

Our application had been running correctly from November until April using the password flow and suddenly it stopped working. When I try to use any REST client to send the oAuth request I get back "Unsupported grant type", which I believe is different than "Unauthorized for this grant type".

The body that we send looks like "username={Username}&password={Password}&grant_type=password" just for example purposes.

Any idea why this is happening?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ak avatar image
ak answered travis6036 commented

The HTTP body implies you are using the Password Flow. You would receive the error "Unsupported grant type" when the permission has been removed by the User on your application.

Could you please provide the name of the RingCentral Application so that we could check and verify if that is the case? You can also email the details of your application to the developer support team or submit a support ticket if you do not wish to expose the name of your application.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

travis6036 avatar image travis6036 commented ·
Sure, it's called SHADOW CMS
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys