question

hambrise-alan5624 avatar image
hambrise-alan5624 asked Anirban answered

authorization code Expire time

I am getting code, state but there is no expires_in time

Response :

codeU0pDMTFQMDFQQVM...... state:RINGCENTRAL

Can u help me how to get expires_in and what is the lifetime of authorization code

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
Authorization code TTL is now 5 minutes by default. OAuth spec (RFC 6749) does not define any attribute to pass expires_in for authorization code. We will consider implementing it as an extension.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I think you are talking about authorization code flow. As far as I can tell, authorization code expires very quickly. You should exchange it for access_token as soon as you can. 
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

"The authorization code must expire shortly after it is issued. The OAuth 2.0 spec recommends a maximum lifetime of 10 minutes, but in practice, most services set the expiration much shorter, around 30-60 seconds."

Ref: https://www.oauth.com/oauth2-servers/authorization/the-authorization-response/

As authorization codes are short-lived and for single-use, they are implement as self encoded and is used quickly as one can.

They also cannot be stored in db neither encouraged to do that

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys