question

christian-sanford5509 avatar image
christian-sanford5509 asked ak answered

How do I Add/Authorize Phone Numbers to Send SMS via the RingCentral API?

How can i authorize phone numbers to be able to send SMS via the API.

Calling /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms only allows me to send from one number (the main account #).

after review of the API and FAQ page i noticed another API call to Get a list of Phone numbers Authorized to send SMS account/~/extension/~/phone-number. From the result set there's only one number.

How do i add/authorize numbers to that list?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ak avatar image
ak answered

Hi Christian,

The GET Extension Phone Number List would return the list of phone numbers that are used by a particular extension. The numbers from that list would be mapped to a feature named:

"features": [
        "SmsSender",
        "MmsSender",
        "CallerId"
      ]  

Which means you could filter the phone numbers on an extension to identify the numbers which could be used to send SMS. We do not have an API to edit the features on the phone number.

However, you could add numbers to your extension.

Sandbox:

You can use sandbox numbers provided in Developer Portal. For additional numbers, you can add up to 4 numbers and extensions to your Sandbox Online account here: https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/

Here is how you add numbers in the numbers to Sandbox Online account: Adding a Digital Line (KB 3136)

Production:

You are free to add as many numbers but the service web URL would be:

https://service.ringcentral.com/

Feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket for additional support.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys