question

thomas-kuenzler1947 avatar image
thomas-kuenzler1947 asked Don Kitchen answered

MaintenanceMode

I am trying to send a fax from my program it was working perfectly, then a few days ago I got this error:

{ "errorCode" : "MaintenanceMode",

"message" : "Service is overloaded, please retry later",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-211",

"message" : "Service is overloaded, please retry later"

} ]

}

I have no clue what or why this is being caused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I have never seen this error before but it's quite obvious that it's a server side issue. I have reported this issue to our engineers and they will investigate and update you later.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
It can happen from time to time, usually the error goes away if you retry your request within several seconds. Such response goes with 503 HTTP status code and "Retry-After" header which instructs you in what time (in seconds) you should retry your request. You can read more about error handling here:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#HttpStatusCodes.html

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

This maintenance mode error is very common and already discussed here in multiple thread like this https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/352/maintenance-mode.html

Just remember this is a temporary error

1 |3000

Don Kitchen avatar image
Don Kitchen answered

I have been doing various tests this AM and am getting that same error when making basic calls to the API status endpoint here: <production>/restapi/v1.0/status

I get it's temporary, but it seems pretty frequent!

"errorCode": "CMN-211",

"message": "Service is overloaded, please retry later"

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys