question

igor-kotenko3327 avatar image
igor-kotenko3327 asked Anirban answered

Graduation Requirements

Case # 04979227. Hello, I hope you can help. We are struggling to integrate some of the Ring Central services with our web application dumpsterrentalsdepot.ca. Namely, we need to enable our System to send text messages (SMS). Our developer has it done and working in so called sandbox environment and now we need to move the code to production. Please help us to overcome this obstacle: Graduation Requirements We require your app's last two days (yesterday and today, UTC timezone) in the sandbox environment to meet the following requirements. 5+ API calls per each used endpoint (20+ in total) <5% of 4xx errors Exercise all requested permissions

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Please help yourself to meet the Graduation Requirements, they are quite self-explanatory. If you have any questions feel free to post them here. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

igor-kotenko3327 answered
You didn't understand my question.  I was asking how to expedite the deployment.  Why do we need to go through this stuff with the sandbox.  Is your software bugged?  
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Hello Igor,

No, our software is not bugged/buggy, but we are still in a Beta phase of our Platform's release. The reason we expect all of our developers to begin development in their sandbox account is two-fold:

1. Ensuring you are developing your applications/integrations to operate within our Platform, Engineering, and Operations Team's specifications of acceptable parameters. Since our Platform is still in Beta, we are actively monitoring how developers integrate their software with our Platform actively to ensure we understand and identify common patterns of use/abuse. Doing so provides us the ability to either improve or to put in place the required systems to be proof-positive that when we come out of Beta phase into a GA (Generally Available) phase, our Platform will be at peak operation and readiness.

2. Provide our developers with a safe place to develop their applications/integrations which cannot impact their company's production RingCentral account(s). This may not seem like a wise decision at first, but it has actually saved several developers from harming their company's "hot and live" business communication systems from serious damage due to developers not fully understanding the power and complexity of how their software can impact their company's production business communication systems. We have received praise from several organizations and developers who have developed with the Sandbox account, as they found serious issues which would have caused great impact on their company's business communication data.

I hope this explains the importance of our sandbox accounts, and our graduation requirements in a meaningful way for you sir.
1 |3000

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.  Yes, it makes good sense to move the code through the staging environment.  Sorry but I am still a bit fuzzy on who makes the final approval.  In other words, who will evaluate the code in the sandbox and give the final 'go ahead'?  
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
We do not review your code, we review your code's engagement data with our API (per the graduation requirements).

As far as who is responsible for what...

You (developer) are responsible for getting your application into a state that meets the graduation criteria (as indicated on your application's Status & Review page of the RingCentral Developer Portal), and for pressing the "Apply for Production" button once it has been enabled (happens when your app meets the graduation criteria).

A member of the Platform team is responsible for reviewing your approval request (each workday, Mon-Fri) and ensuring it has not degraded in quality since your approval request was submitted. If everything looks good, your app is approved, else we decline the app and message you via email of the needed improvements.
1 |3000

Fair enough.  Thank you very much Sir.  I really appreciate your help.  

1 |3000

igor-kotenko3327 answered ak commented
Hello,
I have passed the review and have an issue: what is login and password for Production environment for application? I have main login and password, but when I try to use them, I get error:  "The requested feature is not available".

I use Python RingCentral library
My code

sdk = SDK(settings.RC_APP_KEY, settings.RC_APP_SECRET, settings.RC_APP_SERVER_URL)  platform = sdk.platform()  platform.login(settings.RC_APP_USERNAME, settings.RC_APP_USER_EXT, settings.RC_APP_PASSWORD)      data = {   "to": [{"phoneNumber": phone}],   "from": {"phoneNumber": settings.SMS_FROM_PHONE},   "text": message,   }
res = platform.post(url=settings.SMS_URL, body=data)

And it works in Sndbox environment. What is the account credentials for Production environment? 

1 comment
1 |3000

ak avatar image ak commented ·
The AppKey and AppSecret for the Production Environment could be looked up under the Applications page in your developer portal:
  1. Go to the Applications page  
  2. Open the App for which you want to receive a production application key
  3. Under "Production Credentials" you can find AppKey and AppSecret
  4. Instead of the sandbox number you would need to use the Main Company Number aka the number that you use to login to the developer portal and the password associated with it.
0 Likes 0 ·
brian-ladouceur5004 avatar image
brian-ladouceur5004 answered
Hello Igor, 

You can find from your setting..
If anything then update me I will help you.

Thank you.
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Just to add here for those who find difficult to understand the graduation process, a great documentation here given step by step with explanation and made it simple.

Also, the criteria is explained here very well : https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/911/5-api-calls-per-each-used-endpoint-20-in-total-sns.html

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys