question

kevon-houghton3259 avatar image
kevon-houghton3259 asked Anirban answered

Problems sending SMS in Sandbox

Using the code below where the login works, when trying to send an SMS, I get the following exception: Parameter [from] value [**********] is invalid [Cannot find the phone number which belongs to user]

the ******** is my valid phone number. I assume this is because the phone numbers don't exist in the sandbox? How do I know what numbers to use in the sandbox? I've looked in documentation but can't find anyything.

My code:

var sdk = new SDK(appKey, appSecret, apiServer, applicationName, applicationVersion);

sdk.Platform.Login(userName, extension, password, false);

var requestBody = new {

text = text,

from = new { phoneNumber = fromPhoneNumber },

to = new object[] { new { phoneNumber = toPhoneNumber } } };

var jsonString = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(requestBody);

var request = new RingCentral.Http.Request("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms", jsonString);

var response = sdk.Platform.Post(request);

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
You login to the Sandbox Online Account Portal ( https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com) to see which numbers are available in your account for use.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kevon-houghton3259 avatar image
kevon-houghton3259 answered
I transposed a couple numbers. Fixing that solved my issue.
1 |3000

brian-ladouceur5004 avatar image
brian-ladouceur5004 answered
can you provide me test numbers for testing in sandbox mode.?
1 |3000

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Hi,

You can use sandbox numbers provided in Developer Portal. For additional numbers, you can add up to 4 numbers and extensions to your Sandbox Online account here: https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/

Here is how you add numbers in the numbers to Sandbox Online account: Adding a Digital Line (KB 3136)

Feel free to reach us via email or create a support ticket for additional support.

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Whenever an application is created in Sandbox, you can get the phone number associated with the app in the developer portal. You can add additional numbers and extension

If you still have a problem, engage the developer support team and create a support ticket.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys