question

brett-slaven5017 avatar image
brett-slaven5017 asked

Getting screen pop with just 10 digit phone number and only popping when call is answered

Ring Central desktop app has an ability to screen pop a third party URL. The problem I am having is that there is no command to just send the phone number's 10 digits e.g. 6505554092. The only commands offered e.g. %E, will format the number a certain way, +1 for the %E example. Any formatted number cannot be searched in my third party cloud customer management system called Razorsync. I need to have it only pull the 10 digits altogether, no formatting. I do not do any international calling and based in Arizona. That is my first problem. The other is that the app currently only gives the option to screen pop when an a call comes in. I will have 5 people in one department answering one common number, so it will open a new tab for 5 people when only one person will answer. So I want to try and see if there is any way to set it up that the screen pop will only happen for the person that answers the call with their desktop app.

Thank you in advance for any help with these issues. Also been on the phone with ringcentral support and the case# is 05646515.

Brett

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys