question

rory-mcdowell2221 avatar image
rory-mcdowell2221 asked anton-nikitin answered

How to actually download/link to voicemail message from message-store

I'm calling the message-store endpoint and see the attachment URI, but when I attempt to view or download the file, it's binary data, and I can't play it or anything.

Am I missing something about how I should actually obtain the file or link to it for playback?

I'm attempting to send voicemail messages into Slack so that they can be played by teammates that miss calls.

I feel silly, since I don't see this being asked by anyone else and I'm not sure how/if anyone else is trying to do something similar.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Yes voidemail is binary. You can save it as a *.wav file. Once you have the *.wav file, you can play it or send it to Slack. I have no experience with Slack so I cannot guide you further.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
You can get link to a message attachment URI from message (for example,  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetMessageInfo). If you try to download a voicemail attachment you will get a binary file with Content-Type header set to either "audio/mp3" or "audio/wav" (uncommon). See also this link:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefMessageAttachment.html
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys