question

point-of-rental-software3262 avatar image
point-of-rental-software3262 asked Anirban answered

Which API is for Updating Login user status like (Available, busy, Do not Disturb, Invisible) ?

I want to Update ringCentral login user status (Available, Busy, Do not disturb) through API from my own application. so all our employees can change their status in our own application instead of ringCentral desktop app. Does RingCentral have Api for this?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented
Yes.

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefUpdateExtensionPresence

You need to login in order to view advanced API endpoints.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

wesley-williams2883 avatar image wesley-williams2883 commented ·
on your photo it says access level: beta, do all developer accounts get access to the beta api?
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Please check John Wang's reply below.

You must be enrolled in our beta program to access our beta APIs at this time. Beta APIs are preview releases and subject to change, however, we can provide access to customers with that caveat.

To request access, please create a support case and request access to this beta API. Please let us know if you have been able to resolve this with our support team.

0 Likes 0 ·
point-of-rental-software3262 answered
thank you Tyler, I did Login with developer account, but didn't show this part when I searched. and the link you provided didn't show this part either. can you tell me where I can see this document? I login in with sandbox account: 6503514555  
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

Login, go to that page, and scroll down to Presence => Extension Presence

I am using Chrome browser and it takes me to the right part automatically.

If you really cannot find it, I have no idea. Please contact the developer support and submit a support ticket for help. Tell them that you cannot view all of the API docs even after login.

1 |3000

point-of-rental-software3262 answered John Wang Deactivated commented

Thanks. I did scroll down, only one API called: you can see only one API. I will ask developer support, thanks.

1 comment
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
You must be enrolled in our beta program to access our beta APIs at this time. Beta APIs are preview releases and subject to change, however, we can provide access to customers with that caveat.

To request access, please create a support case and request access to this beta API. Please let us know if you have been able to resolve this with our support team.

Per Tyler, once you have access, you also have to be logged into your account to see the additional beta information.
1 Like 1 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I could see only one API when I didn't login. I could see a lot more after login. If you are sure you have logged in, it might be your account's issue.
1 |3000

adel-ibrahim4840 avatar image
adel-ibrahim4840 answered

I'm sorry, I can't help you.
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

If for any reason you are unable to get the APIs due to an issue in your account, please engage the developer support team by submitting a support ticket for technical support.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys