question

alec-dfour avatar image
alec-dfour asked ·

Web hook no longer works for present events while in production.

We are in production for months. Today at 1.53PM presence hook is no longer being called. 

Then I discover that subscription was not running. The subscription was refreshed less that 24 hours ago much less than subscription expiration. What would be the reason for that?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
Is it restored now? Are there any exceptions in the log?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alec-dfour avatar image
alec-dfour answered ·
Actually  subscription was not renewed and expired.  I restarted app, created new subscription. 

When renewing subscription my app gets the list of extensions; to do that the app renews access token and gets this error

refresh token:{  "error" : "invalid_grant",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "OAU-202",
    "message" : "Refresh token was not issued for this application"
  } ],
  "error_description" : "Refresh token was not issued for this application"
}

What is application in this context?

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
I think application is the app you created in developer.ringcentral.com. It seems that you are unable to refresh your access_token. If access_token expired, subscription will expired too(sooner or later).

I am not sure of the root cause without seeing the source code. Could you please post some sample code?

alec-dfour avatar image
alec-dfour answered ·
Yes. You are correct. We updated our app and got new app key. So we need to shutdown app and restart using new app key. A bit of a hassle when you upgrade your app.
Thank you for your help.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
You are welcome!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.