question

rajesh-mandava4584 avatar image
rajesh-mandava4584 asked Tyler Liu answered

Can we develop a custom application like google calendar and integrate with Ring Central ?

Purpose is as follows: Our Volunteer force will update a calendar on their availability. And we would like to develop an application that will maintain the availability list & corresponding phone numbers and dynamically sync with Ring Central. So we don't have to manually add or remove numbers in the extensions.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Could you please elaborate?  How are you taking advantages of RingCentral at the moment?  Are you making phone calls or forwarding calls with it?

> So we don't have to manually add or remove numbers in the extensions.

I don't quite understand this action. More detail is appreciated.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rajesh-mandava4584 avatar image
rajesh-mandava4584 answered
Thanks for your response Tyler. Our current setup has, Under a Department, Under an extension, we have 7-10 volunteers. The call will ring simultaneously for all the 7-10 volunteers and who ever picksup first will answer. Now, the availability of these volunteers varies from day to day and week to week. So we are looking to build an external application where the volunteers will update their availability and this application to be integrated to Ring Central. This means, their cell phone numbers are dynamically maintained through that application and RingCentral will add or remove their numbers depending on their availability feed. This whole effort is to automatize which volunteer numbers are picked to handle customer calls. My final question is, Can we develop an application like this and does RingCentral Developer API, SDK's support this ?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I am pretty sure that RingCentral supports it. But I am not an expert. I will find an export and reply to your on Monday.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
 I believe this is what you are looking for:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-api-docs/blob/master/docs/call_queue.md 

I might be able to provide you with more information on Monday.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys