question

tt2 avatar image
tt2 asked anton-nikitin commented

How to add a direct number before using RingCentral for Desktop (Softphone) to test my App?

Before you can test your integrated app to make or receive calls you need to add a direct phone number to your RingCentral for desktop application (or Softphone).

Learn more how to add direct numbers to configure a RingCentral Digital Line from the online account by clicking here

(When performing step 7 please select RingCentral for Desktop instead of a physical phone. Also you can disregard any steps that relate to shipping since you have not ordered a desk phone)

If you need to select a new number in the sandbox please pick from the available area codes of 732 (NJ) or 585 (NY)

getting started
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tt2 avatar image tt2 commented ·
Anton please look at my corrections based on your input above.
0 Likes 0 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image anton-nikitin commented ·
Looks good. Need also to mention that parts of the instruction related to shipping and order tracking should be disregarded, because they make sense only for desk phones.
0 Likes 0 ·
rodney-gist550 avatar image
rodney-gist550 answered

It doesn't seem like there are any available phone numbers on sandbox with area code 732 or 585 as you said anymore.

I appear to be getting that message regardless of which area code I choose. Is there another way I could add a phone to a sandbox account?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered anton-nikitin commented
Rodney, can you try 650(CA) or 802(VT)?
7 comments
1 |3000

rodney-gist550 avatar image rodney-gist550 commented ·
Awesome, 650 worked! Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
802 also should work

0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Since this is the Sandbox, could we use the 555 prefix? LOL
0 Likes 0 ·
jim-reynolds2 avatar image jim-reynolds2 commented ·
Similar problem here. I have one working number on an extension but our app needs to be sure we are selecting each user's individual system number, so I need at least one more to be sure we select properly. 

I'm in eastern Mass & no local area codes seem to have numbers. I agree since it's sandbox, 555 would make sense. I don't care - I just need a working number so I know that I am able to
0 Likes 0 ·
Jim, replied in your original post. 267 should work.
0 Likes 0 ·
christophe-gillette4505 avatar image christophe-gillette4505 commented ·
And these days what would be a good area code to try? I have tried many and still no phone number found...
0 Likes 0 ·
Try 904, Florida
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys