question

don-klayman avatar image
don-klayman asked benjamin-dean commented

HTTP Status Code: GatewayTimeout

When trying to ringout I occasionally get {"HTTP Status Code: GatewayTimeout"} error on the ApiResponse. It seems random but I'd like to know what I can do to prevent it. I've tried cancelling the previous ringout but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the randomness of this error.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I received some intermittent 504 Gateway Time-out yesterday in the Sandbox API. Are you seeing this in Sandbox or in Production API please?

I've proactively contacted our engineering team about this issue.

In the meantime, the best thing you can do is to have any UI or service workers not begin execution until you receive a 200 response from the RingOut asynchronously. This is easy to achieve using one of our SDKs (if you are not already using one:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/library/sdks.html).
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

don-klayman avatar image
don-klayman answered don-klayman commented
In the sandbox as I haven't put in for graduation yet for production.  I am actually getting this on the
ringout post: ApiResponse result = sdk.Platform.Post(request);

I also get it on cancel ringout: ApiResponse cancelResult = sdk.Platform.Delete(request);

I never see it on login or logout : var response = sdk.Platform.Login(PhoneNumber, Extension, Password, true);

sdk.Platform.Logout();

If it's an issue on your end that's fine I just need to know.  I'm just trying to find out if there's anything I'm doing wrong.

3 comments
1 |3000

don-klayman avatar image don-klayman commented ·
I just tried again and it worked, so intermittent.
1 Like 1 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Are you seeing this consistently, or intermittently please?

I've been experiencing this intermittently on initial requests to specific routes, but then if I re-issue the same request (once the 504 response has been received), the API is behaving as expected.
0 Likes 0 ·
don-klayman avatar image don-klayman commented ·
Once out of every 3 requests.  Yes if I re-issue the same request it might go through.  Now I'm getting a "Forbidden" message and nothing works.
0 Likes 0 ·
don-klayman avatar image
don-klayman answered benjamin-dean commented
My softphone won't login now so there's definitely issues with the sandbox.
1 comment
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
I am experiencing intermittent authentication issues with the softphone in Sandbox as well and have contacted our Engineering and PM teams to investigate. Apologies for issues, and I'll update this thread when I know more.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys