question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked benjamin-dean answered

Developer api account tied to an active RingCentral account

I signed up for a developer api account last year. In doing so, at the time, I had to create an active, paid RingCentral account to attach my app to (api key, etc). We don't use RingCentral, but we want to continue to make our app available for anyone to use. It is currently in the app gallery. Am I able to discontinue my RingCentral account, and keep my app active?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
You will need to register as a Partner in order to accomplish the goal you're trying to achieve, or you can cancel your old account (which will also lose the applications you've developed) and create a new Free Developer Account here:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/free-tier-sign-up.html

Then while creating your application definition, make sure to set its 'scope' to 'Public', once published, and approved as part of our Partner program, then this application can be made available in the RIngCentral App Gallery for all of our other customers to utilize.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys