question

nicholas-head avatar image
nicholas-head asked ·

"Service is overloaded, please retry later" corresponding with "only calling available" errors

I posted about this a while back, but it keeps happening randomly - sometimes when querying the API I'll get back "Service is overloaded, please retry later". At the same time, our in-office phones (based on RingCentral's desktop software) will usually start showing "Only calling available" in the top right corner.

So, what's the deal?

My logs show this happening today, 9/24, and a bunch on 9/14.

We can retry the API calls, sure, but having our actual phone system "go down" around the same time kinda makes me think something is wrong with RC's backend too. Are the two related?

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered ·
Hi Nicholas,

Could you please create a support case or email the API response and the logs to devsupport@ringcentral.com for us to investigate. Thanks. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban Sen Chowdhary avatar image
Anirban Sen Chowdhary answered ·

These type of system/services issues with are related to servers and account due to network issues are best handled by Dev support team, please engage them mailing to devsupport@ringcentral.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.