question

front-line2067 avatar image
front-line2067 asked anton-nikitin answered

Error : caller ID should be one of company direct numbers - how do I resolve this error?

Suddenly our RingOut API call stopped working.

It is throwing error :

"errorCode" : "RNG-102", "message" : "Caller ID should be one of company direct numbers", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "RNG-102", "message" : "Caller ID should be one of company direct numbers"

We are using Direct numbers as caller id but it still showing this error message and not connecting the calls.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Has an administrator made a change without developer knowledge?

What language are you using to build and manage this automation? Did you use one of our SDKs (if yes, which one please)?

I've shared this issue with our engineering team to review it in case there are any receive release issues related.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered anton-nikitin commented
I cannot reproduce your scenario. Can you provide the information which number/extension you used to log in and what number you specified as caller ID when such error message was returned?
2 comments
1 |3000

front-line2067 avatar image front-line2067 commented ·
Can I send you the numbers and the call that we are making from PHP in a personal message ?
0 Likes 0 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image anton-nikitin commented ·
Yes, please send it to anton.nikitin@ringcentral.com
0 Likes 0 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
My guess is that the issue is because of using phone numbers not in E.164 format. API servers expect caller ID and all other phone numbers to come in this canonical format with country code. Sometimes it can work without country code but in some cases it causes backend server to misinterpret phone number provided.
1 |3000

front-line2067 avatar image
front-line2067 answered
Hi Anton,

Thanks , that solved the issue.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys