question

thomas-peterson3066 avatar image
thomas-peterson3066 asked benjamin-dean answered

CRM integration with Smart Office by Ebix

Hello, I am trying to integrate Call Central with my CRM which is "Smart Office powered by Ebix". I am told Smart office is TAPI compliant. From here, how am I able to integrate the two? Someone from Smart Office mentioned getting a TAPI driver from Ring Central is this true? Please advise. Thank you

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
TAPI is very old and makes me think of Windows XP :)  If it is possible at all it would be a very kludgy and difficult integration I suspect.  What exactly are you expecting from an integration?  Just click to dial?  Something else?

How tied into this CRM are you?  Maybe consider moving to SalesForce that has a pretty solid integration with RingCentral?

If you are really set on trying to do this and willing to pay for it I can suggest contacting  https://www.tenfold.com/ to see if they can help.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

thomas-peterson3066 answered
Thanks for the response Brandon. I believe we are just looking for the click to dial function through a contact page or profile, we don't need a very high level of integration at least not to the point where we would want to have anything built out. Please let me know if it is possible/easy just to get the click to dial function. Thanks
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
In that case, do you use the RingCentral desktop app?  If yes, you can highlight a number and then press a hotkey to dial.  Check settings > hotkeys in your desktop app.  If you don't use the desktop app what type of desk phones and are they purchased from RingCentral?
1 |3000

thomas-peterson3066 answered
Thanks, I just figured out the Hotkey feature this is exactly what I was looking for!
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Thanks Brandon!
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys