question

avery-company1911 avatar image
avery-company1911 asked benjamin-dean answered

click to dial

I am trying to set up click to dial to connect with file maker pro- our database

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
You can set up click-to-dial from RingCentral in 3 ways:

1. URI Scheme: If a phone number hyperlink can be made using the "rcmobile" or "tel" URI scheme, that can be used to make a call from a RingCentral softphone installed on the same computer. Some solutions support the "tel" URI scheme out of the box so this may work already if you can use the RingCentral softphone.
  2. RingOut: Our RingOut API is a REST API that can dial from any phone by connecting two phone numbers. This approach gives you flexibility in choosing your dialing phone, e.g. a desktop softphone, physical phone, mobile phone, etc.
  3. WebRTC: We recently released our WebRTC capability and SDK as beta. This will allow you to make calls from inside a WebRTC enabled browser. The SDK an demo app are available here:

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone

Given the above, let us know what you have tried so we can assist.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

paul-tracy2971 avatar image
paul-tracy2971 answered
John,

We are using option #1 having numbers on a web page associated to the TEL Protocol to allow CTD from a web page.  It works most of the time but then there are instances where it won't dial when the number is clicked.  I've looked at task manager when its working and not working and I see a second instance of the softphone.exe kick off but then it stops when it realizes there is already a softphone.exe running.  So it appears that the TEL protocol is kicking off Ring Central's softphone but then the softphone does not make the dial.  If I completely stop the softphone (no instances running) then start it back then clicking a number will once again initiate the call from the Ring Central Softphone.  
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
You can also use the 'callto:' format: <a href="callto:{ {NUMBER}}">{ {DISPLAY VALUE}}</a>.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys