News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
click to dial
Tags: phone
May 6, 2016 at 1:42pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
avery-company

I am trying to set up click to dial to connect with file maker pro- our database

3 Answers
answered on Aug 30, 2016 at 7:56am  
You can also use the 'callto:' format: <a href="callto:{{NUMBER}}">{{DISPLAY VALUE}}</a>.

answered on Aug 29, 2016 at 10:21am  
John,

We are using option #1 having numbers on a web page associated to the TEL Protocol to allow CTD from a web page.  It works most of the time but then there are instances where it won't dial when the number is clicked.  I've looked at task manager when its working and not working and I see a second instance of the softphone.exe kick off but then it stops when it realizes there is already a softphone.exe running.  So it appears that the TEL protocol is kicking off Ring Central's softphone but then the softphone does not make the dial.  If I completely stop the softphone (no instances running) then start it back then clicking a number will once again initiate the call from the Ring Central Softphone.  

answered on May 8, 2016 at 10:58am  
You can set up click-to-dial from RingCentral in 3 ways:

1. URI Scheme: If a phone number hyperlink can be made using the "rcmobile" or "tel" URI scheme, that can be used to make a call from a RingCentral softphone installed on the same computer. Some solutions support the "tel" URI scheme out of the box so this may work already if you can use the RingCentral softphone.
  2. RingOut: Our RingOut API is a REST API that can dial from any phone by connecting two phone numbers. This approach gives you flexibility in choosing your dialing phone, e.g. a desktop softphone, physical phone, mobile phone, etc.
  3. WebRTC: We recently released our WebRTC capability and SDK as beta. This will allow you to make calls from inside a WebRTC enabled browser. The SDK an demo app are available here:

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone

Given the above, let us know what you have tried so we can assist.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us