News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mute Ringer while on Another Call
Tags: phone
Jul 16, 2020 at 10:53am   •   6 replies  •  2 likes
kelsey-ryvkin

How do you mute your ringer while you are on another call? This is particularly a problem for users with headsets. If they are on a call and another call rings in, the ringer blasts right through their headset and they cannot hear their current conversation.

The majority of our users are taking calls through the softphone on their computers.

This is a major issue for customer service agents and sales representatives who typically have multiple incoming calls at once.

on Mar 29, 2023 at 5:26am   •  0 likes

I have the same issue.

My guess is that if you have the multiple versions of RC (Application/API and the main softphone) running, you get into this issue. I could be wrong, but I've only been using RC for a few days and it happens A LOT!

If it weren't tied to my CRM, I'd drop this product in a heartbeat.

on Nov 22, 2022 at 2:40pm   •  -1 likes

This is ridiculous that is it almost 2 1/2 years and no one has addressed this fact?

Support told me that we had to change the ringtone in order to make it less annoying. This is not acceptable.

RingCentral, do better!

on Nov 14, 2022 at 5:06pm   •  0 likes

We have the same issue. It is really quite disappointing. What is the solution?

on Jul 16, 2020 at 11:06am   •  -1 likes
Hello Kelsey,

You might want to check if the call queues are in all rotating calls, so it will not ring their phone in the middle of their phone calls with the client. 

If the issue persist, please create a case and we'll investigate it further. 

Thank you! 
on Jul 16, 2020 at 10:56am   •  0 likes
RingCentral does not support the "call forward busy feature" with their platform.
1 Answer
answered on Nov 3, 2023 at 10:38am  

callwaitingjpg.jpgSuggestion - You could try disabling call waiting within your incoming call settings. Disabling call waiting should only allow one call to be place to your phone at a time. (settings, phone, incoming calls, call waiting <ON/OFF>)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us