News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TEXT MESSAGES DISAPPEARED
Tags: sms and text messaging
May 17, 2020 at 1:20am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
alberts-.

Yesterday, may 16th, most of my text messages disappeared, i wanna know how you guys control the amount of text messages and how can i prevent such situations in future. Also i see messages only in RC Phone and your "new" app with letter R don't even show any text messages, only call log. Another bug?

3 Answers
answered on Jun 1, 2020 at 12:08am  
Hello,
I got message saying you gonna remove old app RC Phone on Jun 12th, please don't do that cause you gonna lose clients, i can't use Glip cause it even doesn't close to old RC Phone. You have to make Glip as close as possible to RC Phone.  First of all i can see 11 phone numbers per screen on old app and ONLY 4 or 5 on Glip, big mistake. Also i can't see whole phone number on Glip's call log.
Are smoking there???? How can you do such things???

answered on May 20, 2020 at 11:44am  
Alberts, it might not hurt to create a support ticket for this issue - just to be on the safe side. 

answered on May 18, 2020 at 9:46am  
Hi Alberts,

You may check on this link to know more about SMS/MMS Data Retention https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/2178?language=en_US 

Also, with the new RingCentral App, SMS should be there as well. Kindly click the third icon on the upper left which is labeled as "Phone" and you will see a tab that says "Text".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us