News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Profile picture not displaying in meetings
Tags: meetings
Apr 21, 2020 at 7:10am   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
keith-jakubowski
I am trying to figure out why I cannot get my profile picture to show up during meetings.  Some people at our company have their profile pictures displaying but many don't:

None of the people I've asked know what they did to get their profile pics to display.  They said they just showed up.

Any ideas?
on Apr 21, 2020 at 11:27am   •  0 likes
Isn't this something RingCentral could fix - it is very frustrating?
on Apr 21, 2020 at 8:11am   •  0 likes
I actually already have the app and my profile picture has been there ever since I started using it:

on Jan 5, 2021 at 10:23am   •  0 likes

Unfortunately, not a single one of these suggestions worked for me, either. Pretty sad such a simple feature is unavailable to some paid customers.

on Apr 21, 2020 at 11:03am   •  0 likes
interesting, i just did with another user and it worked for him. trying to put together a change doc. let me test with another user and then I will share with you. it is a convoluted workaround at best.

first you need to update your photo using  https://downloads.ringcentral.com/glip/rc/GlipForWindows64 and then start a meeting using that- it does not start with RC meetings. 

Then copy invite and paste to browser - this will launch RC meeting app. so you will have essentially two meetings screens one using glip meeting interface and one via ring central meetings app for the same meeting with your self. 

again not sure why this works but it did. good luck. 
on May 20, 2020 at 4:33pm   •  0 likes
That solution worked for me. Another person at my company did it successfully but not with the pic they wanted to keep. This process does not seem to be able to change the pic once it is there. Make sure you use a good pic the first time.
on Apr 21, 2020 at 8:01am   •  0 likes
i suggest downloading the RC app (letter R in the center). then log in and you should be able to find it. 
i am using a MacBook but it will be similar to the attachment. 
on Apr 21, 2020 at 8:51am   •  0 likes
Create a meeting with your self using GLIP - copy invite and open on another browser via Ring Central Meetings App for desktop it should populate the image you have set on your profile. 

Not sure how or why this worked but profile picture is there now. 

on Apr 21, 2020 at 7:33am   •  0 likes
Assuming you have an account. Log onto your RC account.
Look for "My Profile" under the top dropdown.
on Apr 21, 2020 at 9:11am   •  0 likes

Daniel, this does not work:

on Aug 5, 2020 at 11:00am   •  0 likes

This is pretty frustrating and such a simple and common feature for nearly every conferencing platform. Some of the people in my company have their profile pics shown during a meeting, and the rest just have their name. Even with profile pic updated on the mobile app, the desktop app, Glip, and the RingCentral website I can't get my profile pic to display during a meeting. Can you guys fix this?

on Apr 21, 2020 at 7:58am   •  0 likes
I logged in here:

https://service.ringcentral.com/application/overview

And I don't see a "My Profile" link anywhere.

Am I not using the right URL?

1 Answer
answered on Jan 28, 2021 at 7:21am  

This works!

1. Log out from RingCentral Meetings
2. Visit your respective app store and update RingCentral app mobile to the latest version available
3. Log in to RingCentral app mobile
4. Tap the Menu (three horizontal lines) icon (Android) or your profile picture (iOS), then tap Settings
5. Go to Settings > Video > Video Service, then change it to to RingCentral Meetings.
6. Go back to the main screen, tap the Menu icon again, then tap Edit on your profile picture
7. Update your profile picture, or reupload your current picture if you prefer to continue using it
8. Wait for about 5 minutes, then tap Video and start a meeting
9. Stay in this meeting for 10 minutes to allow the profile picture to sync with the servers. End the meeting afterwards

answered on Aug 11, 2020 at 6:48am  

I agree @Ryan Stearns. Another frustrating thing is.... why are there three separate Apps that pretty much do the same thing... RingCentral Meetings, RingCentral Phone, and just plain RingCentral Classic. Allegedly you're supposed to be able to do everything through RingCentral Classic anyway, so then why are there three separate Apps? Why can't they just work all the features into one App? Also, there's a messaging feature in at least two out of the three Apps but they don't communicate with each other so you will end up having two separate conversations with the same person. Very confusing and frustrating to say the least.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us