News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring Central App on a Android over WiFi
Tags: mobile
Apr 10, 2020 at 1:15pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
mike-cooper1

Anyone have any experience with Ring Central App on a Android like Galaxy Tab only using WiFi or other reccomendation for a mobile type device in a building/office ?

3 Answers
answered on Apr 14, 2020 at 2:01pm  
Hi Mike, We have about 20+ mobile users using Android devices. Our receptionist uses a computer with the HUD on it and has the computer for calls (though we have switched back to having a phone for convenience since we have multiple rotating receptionist now) We also use surface pros and I now rarely use my desk phone since i use my cell or computer for the bulk of my calls now. 

There are a couple of issues that we have experience on the Cell phone is that when a call comes in on the actual cell it interrupts the call you are on. if you are on a tablet you likely will not experience this. also if you receive a text or notification from any media application on there is a pause int he call. Also if I am on call or meeting my Bluetooth headset and another call comes in it disconnects the Bluetooth and will have to reconnect it or quickly jump to speaker which is annoying, I mostly use a wired headset now anyway but keep that in mind.
I wish RC would figure out how to prevent other apps to interrupt a phone call. 

I think if your receptionist uses a tablet or computer (surface or laptop on WiFi) you wont have those issues. I absolutely love using the computer though with Glip and the HUD tells our reception who is available and can transfer, text, group chat each other very easily. Hope this helps....

answered on Apr 13, 2020 at 12:28pm  
no, I am looking for a recommendation based on experience, They are looking for a way to have a mobile version of a handset for the receptionist without adding another cell phone, so I am thinking an android tablet like galaxy tab running the Ring Central Phone app, and connected to the Wireless network should be able to receive calls and redirect them as needed ? Any Experience  ?

thanks,

Mike

answered on Apr 13, 2020 at 5:08am  
Hello Mike!

Can you tell me more about it? 
Do we have issues with our RingCentral App? 

Thanks! 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us