News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Meetings desktop app freezes a few seconds after video starts
Tags: meetings, ringcentral app
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:30pm   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
meenakshi-gaur
When I start a call and turn on video on my desktop app, the video freezes. The app has permissions to access camera so not sure what is causing this. Please help troubleshoot.
on Feb 12, 2021 at 11:41am   •  0 likes

Can you loop me into the new case as well? I am about to move to Zoom or another platform bc I can’t stand this happening. Today it happened on 3/4 of my calls, but in one call it happened twice!!!!!

on Feb 12, 2021 at 12:26pm   •  0 likes

@Sonia K. Here is your case number - 12237876
Let us know if we can help further.

on Feb 12, 2021 at 11:46am   •  0 likes

@Sonia K. Yep! We can.
I'll have someone from my team jump on this.

on May 7, 2020 at 3:19pm   •  0 likes
On my Windows 10 PC - following these steps fixed the issue. Turns out this was not a RingCentral issue but a Windows issue.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-webcam-freezing-issue-windows-10-anniversary-update
on Apr 17, 2020 at 9:36am   •  0 likes
Same here... on a 2015 iMac running Mojave. Many video meetings I am on the screen freezes completely (no moving cursor or ability to force quit the app... hard restart is all that works). Right before the freeze, my camera goes weird and shows a green screen. Audio remains functional so I can complete the meeting, but then I have to unplug my computer to restart. Began happening a week or so ago.
on Mar 28, 2020 at 11:03pm   •  0 likes
Are you on a Mac or PC? I'm currently working with support with this issue on a Mac that has the 2020-002 security update released on the 24th. I am interested in how wide spread this issue will become if you are in this subset. Updating to catalina fixes the issue, but unfortunately we cannot do that update yet.
on Feb 12, 2021 at 8:38am   •  0 likes

This is an issue for me and others in my organization who use a Macbook. We're running Big Sur 11.2.1. It used to be a rare occurrence, and now happens about 15% of the meetings. And I'm in a lot of meetings. Force quitting works, but it's very disruptive. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. We need this to be addressed ASAP.

on Feb 12, 2021 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

@erin-koller Hey! This is a known issue and we've created a case on your behalf to address the issue - Case Number 12236664.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com.

on Feb 12, 2021 at 10:39am   •  0 likes

I actually just created case 12235440 after leaving this comment in case you want to merge the cases. Thanks for the quick reply.

on Feb 12, 2021 at 10:40am   •  0 likes

Great minds! Thanks, Erin!
I'll have my team connect the two.

on Jan 18, 2021 at 12:02pm   •  0 likes

This is still happening to me and I’ve deleted and downloaded the app several times. I’m running a 2018 MacBook Air with Big Sur (11.1) and 16gb memory.

on Apr 1, 2020 at 9:03am   •  0 likes
Hello Everyone!

I would suggest uninstalling ad reinstall the app if this won't work, please create a case so that our phone support will be contacted you at your most convenient time. 

Thanks! 
on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:22pm   •  1 likes
I have the video freezing problem on an older Macbook Pro running Mojave, I also would like to avoid an update to Catalina. 
on Apr 10, 2020 at 9:36am   •  1 likes
I have several users reporting this as well--all on Macs. Some freeze as soon as the meetings are started and some will randomly freeze during the meeting, with audio continuing to work. The machine becomes unresponsive, although the cursor is able to move. The meeting cannot be Force-quit and the only way to regain control is to restart the machine with the key combo.
on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:32pm   •  0 likes
I'm on a PC.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us