News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Enable Short Codes to respond to text messages
Tags: sms
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:10am   •   8 replies  •  4 likes
yolanda-weidner
Business partner uses short codes for text messages, i can read them but can not respond. how does this get resolved. Must cancel if unable to to enable short code text responses.
on Jul 15, 2021 at 3:56pm   •  2 likes

Raised the response to short code SMS issue here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-2749

on Jul 6, 2021 at 3:02pm   •  0 likes

We are in the same boat, as soon as contract is up we are bailing mostly because of the inability to stop these messages or set the main business line as a voice or fax only line as you can with aux lines. truly sad that someone in the business this long cant even handle simple customer requests meanwhile we get lots of changes to other aspects we literally couldn't care less about!

on Jul 6, 2021 at 3:02pm   •  0 likes

We are in the same boat, as soon as contract is up we are bailing mostly because of the inability to stop these messages or set the main business line as a voice or fax only line as you can with aux lines. truly sad that someone in the business this long cant even handle simple customer requests meanwhile we get lots of changes to other aspects we literally couldn't care less about!

on Feb 20, 2021 at 2:02pm   •  1 likes

I've had a support case open on this for over 5 months that's still in the "New" status. I'm getting short SMS code SPAM messages from multiple accounts and have no way to stop them.

Well, yes I do have an alternative -- I can CANCEL RingCentral and port to an alternative that I will not mention here, and that has no problem handling short SMS codes. I already ported one of my numbers from RC and it's working fine.

I've been a RingCentral user for 12 years since 2009, long before it started SMS support. Sadly they half-assed this implementation and that may be the issue that forces me to leave entirely. I really can't recommend or use RingCentral if it allows its users to be plagued by SPAM and the only recourse is to switch to another provider.

I live in the town where RingCentral could afford to spend $3M to put their naming rights on a sports stadium. It's a bad sign when marketing becomes more important than actual customer service.

If RingCentral continues to have no response, I will post my resolution here and to social media. It should not have to come to that to get a service company to offer service.

on Jan 22, 2020 at 8:54am   •  -1 likes

Hi Yolanda,

This is not a functionality RingCentral has currently. You can vote for this feature here.

on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:20pm   •  0 likes

@Tom Armstrong - I have required this for my business for far too long after far too many support tickets. Who did you end up switching to who can handle this VERY BASIC PROBLEM???

on Jul 6, 2020 at 8:06am   •  1 likes
Why is this redirected to "ability to receive short codes" topic?!  As Yolanda's post states... We need to be able to RESPOND to short codes.  

We get so many spam texts it is very annoying.  We need one of two solutions... 1.) Let us respond to short codes; so that we may stop the messages.  2.) Provide an option for "voice only" on the main business number.  This would be the preferred option for us as we could also stop receiving spam faxes to our main number.
on Apr 9, 2021 at 5:07pm   •  0 likes

I use Ring Central in a personal / small business consulting capacity. Google Voice handles short texts just fine, not to mention it's <cough> free. Inertia, eFax & the hassle of porting are the only reasons I haven't switched, and I'm sure there's reliable eFax solutions.

This deficiency in the SMS feature is a time-bomb that will only get worse; it may be what forces me to switch.

on Apr 12, 2021 at 7:32am   •  -1 likes

Tom, I understand this is a long-standing ask - we would ask that you add your use case and concerns to the Ideas Portal where the product team can review your feedback.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us