question

admin-cs1714 avatar image
admin-cs1714 asked benjamin-dean answered

Caller ID: We need our outbound calling city/state to be where we are located or better yet, left blank

U.S. Account (Commercial Real Estate Business): We would like to have a feature added that would enable us the latitude to modify the phone display/caller ID to read whatever city/state or company name we would like it to read - whatever we want to input. Currently our caller ID is showing our phone number associated with a city/state in which we are not even located.

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I know that our API cannot modify the CNAM or CID to accomodate this use case. I'm not sure if the same applies to locale, but I would think it does.

I've submitted a request to our Product team to help me provide a definitive answer on this request. Once official information is known, it will be shared here.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys