News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Apple Watch no longer supported?
Tags: ringcentral app
Aug 12, 2019 at 8:07am   •   5 replies  •  2 likes
previous-clients

Hi folks... So I recently purchased an Apple Watch -after making certain a number of months ago that indeed Ring Central DOES support this device... only to find out today that Apple Watch is no longer being supported. I contacted my account manager, who put me in touch with tech support, who then spoke with the Integration Team and apparently there's nothing to be done, even though users who currently have the App can continue using it, just no new downloads are available.

I'm an owner/operator of a small service business in Canada and the MAIN REASON I got the frikken watch is so I could easily monitor inbound messages from my wrist without having to fish out my Iphone each and every time a new message pushes through!

Questions: 1. Why isn't this important app being supported, and 2. When will it be re-integrated?

~Nathan

on Oct 23, 2019 at 12:21pm   •  1 likes
I am frustrated by this as well.  I have voted, and I hope they bring this functionality back. 
on Aug 12, 2019 at 8:16am   •  0 likes
The first call I ever took on my Apple Watch Series 3 was a RingCentral call.  I miss this integration.
on Aug 14, 2019 at 10:00am   •  0 likes
I am pretty sure this how it is supposed to work and always worked.  I have had RC and Apple Watch and it has never allowed you take or make calls.  It just shares alerts with your phone like most other apps that are compatible with watch.  If you forward your calls to your mobile then you could answer them on your watch.  Best.
on Aug 14, 2019 at 7:03am   •  0 likes
Update... OK, this is weird and even more frustrating. I'm out on the road doing my service business work, Iphone in pocket, Apple Watch on wrist... Out of the blue I'm getting alerts on my Apple Watch that Ring Central voicemail messages and texts are getting pushed onto the RC App on my phone.

I can see that the messages are coming in -which is great by the way- even though I have not been able to download any sort of RC Apple Watch app.

As for the text messages, I can see them on the watch, open them up, and can attempt to reply by texting on the phone but my replies don't send from the Apple Watch... grrrr.

So close... Ring Central is just teasing me at this point!

Here's a photo I took of a text from a lead... 
1 Answer
answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:23pm  
This may help!

Here are features supported on the Apple Watch

Here is an FAQ about the Apple Watch for RC

This article goes over some other things that are or are not supported

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us