News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
view all blocked numbers
Tags: admin portal
Jun 18, 2019 at 5:39am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
suzanne-urash

Is there a way to view a list of ALL of my blocked calls in the super admin portal? I only see a list of 8 blocked numbers. Also, is there a way to change the message to blocked numbers to a custom message? I don't like the options that RC currently shows (it needs to be specific that this number has been rejected, not that i don't accept numbers from the area code...stupid).

2 Answers
answered on Jun 27, 2019 at 9:21am  
I think, specifically, while we do have a means of blocking numbers for all extensions, it's really difficult, especially for people who have over 20, 50, or a hundred lines to go to each extension and check who had blocked which number, so that they can block it fully for the whole account if they need to, via the super admin's blocked calls list. 

especially since we do encourage people to call into support. so if users call in to block numbers on their own extensions, certainly the support rep they get would walk them through it. without the admin being aware of it.

so, certainly, it would help a lot of our customers, if we considered adding a feature that allows them to view each extension's blocked call list, without having to go to each one to do so. Especially if they need to block those numbers for the whole account, without having to go to each extension to check if they did or did not add a number to block.

which is what my customer, specifically is requesting. details below. 

1. Account type: RBS_RCO
  2. A brief description of the business : not discussed. 
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested: for an option to view all users' blocked calls list on the main admin panel
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: customer won't need to have to go to each extension to check the blocked calls list as it woul be a visible option on the admin portal
  5. Benefit of such feature: ease of use
  6. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 82 users / 63 lines

answered on Jun 20, 2019 at 12:15pm  
Hi Suzanne, 

All blocked call numbers should be listed in your super admin portal. Check out instructions on how to view blocked numbers here. There isn't a way to customize the messages to block numbers right now. You can vote on that idea here!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us