question

thomas-costello1592 avatar image
thomas-costello1592 asked Anirban answered

PHP SDK implementation Demo doesn't work

I'm trying to run the php demo and getting this error:

Test 1: authData.php Exception: Undefined variable: argv #0 /home/RingCentral/demo/authData.php(7): {closure}(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/R...', 7, Array) #1 /home/RingCentral/index.php(7): require('/home/R...') #2 {main}

I'm not sure what I'm doing..... Any help is appreciated.....

I think i'm missing the appKey, appSecret, and server....

Where do I get those?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Hello Thomas,

The server, appKey, and appSecret values can be obtained from the Developer Portal ( https://developer.ringcentral.com) and then by viewing the specific application you've defined in the "My Apps" navigation element, you can collect these values from either the app's Dashboard section or from the "Credentials" section.

Please keep in mind that the server value and API keys (appKey and appSecret) will change once your application has applied for and been approved for production access).

I've provided a screenshot with the highlighted areas within the view for an application you'll use to obtain these values...

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

After you create an Application in your Sandbox environment in your developer portal, you can get all it's information like ppKey, appSecret, and server details, url, phone no etc under dashboard section and credential section of the App already mentioned above.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys