News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral?
Tags: security
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:38am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
shannon1234

Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral? One that is being used for fraud against RingCentral ToS?

4 Answers
answered on Apr 3, 2019 at 9:31am  

Apologies, I was on vacation and didn't have access to my email. The number I've been wanting to report is 800-909-2927. It was initially reported to Bank of America because it was calling clients stating they had won a prize and needed personal information to claim the prize. Upon investigating, it appears the number is likely operating a scam (the information I received showed the owner has a 876 area code which is Jamaica, and a very common scam we see used for abuse) stating they are the "an claiming" department. I would like to report the number for investigation as it appears to be operating fraud to get personal information from unsuspecting victims.

answered on Mar 29, 2019 at 8:12am  
Hey Shannon, I'm following up on this thread. Could you provide us with more details? We've made this thread Private so that only yourself & Community moderators (such as myself and Jessica) can see it. Hope to hear from you soon!

answered on Mar 27, 2019 at 12:13pm  
Hi Shannon, 

Can you provide more information regarding the fraudulent use? What numbers are being impacted, and in what way? Thanks! 

answered on Mar 27, 2019 at 11:19am  

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Saadet or Jessica if you have a KB article on how to report this - please link it here!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us