News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
I do not get notifications on my smart watch when I get a Ring Central call in the app
Tags: call forwarding
Jan 23, 2019 at 2:07pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
fischer
I have ring central app installed on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and all of my notification for my phone flow through my Asus ZenWatch 2 except when I get a Ring Central phone call through the app. All of my other notifications for my phone are set to silent because I get my notification through my watch, except Ring Central calls which cause my cellphone to vibrate.
on Dec 8, 2021 at 8:06am   •  0 likes

Instead of building separate apps for iphone, samsung, and google wear, I propose you just add a functionality to the phone app that enables sending alerts to your smart watch. I have a samsung gear that doesn't allow me to add apps to the watch itself, but can receive alerts from mobile phone apps.

on Jan 29, 2019 at 12:52pm   •  0 likes
Hi Fischer, looks like at this time we do not support other smart watches
on Jun 25, 2021 at 7:40am   •  1 likes

Ditto, have had RC for years and will still miss calls because of this. Help us more technologically adept people and bring functionality to Samsung

on May 28, 2021 at 2:25pm   •  0 likes

@saadet.swift we are about 2-1/2 years later any chance functionality will be coming to Samsung watches so we can get call notifications

on Jan 25, 2019 at 7:55am   •  0 likes
Hey Fischer, I know we have limited support for the Apple Watch....I'm looking into other smart watches, but we may not support them
1 Answer
answered on Jul 8, 2021 at 4:29pm  

I will get a missed call notification, but no notice that my phone is ringing. Doesn't seem right.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us