News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
need to forward our main fax number to another fax number outside of Ringcentral--for new emr
Tags: call forwarding
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:46am   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
sals
Need to forward the fax number from ringcentral to outside of ringcentral system. Is there a way to do it other than to port the number out? 
4 Answers
answered on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:55am  
I was told that there is no way to port or forward your fax number outside of RC.  We have a fax # for our EMR that will automatically put the faxes in the correct medical chart or assign an action for a staffer to review.  I have to forward faxes manually in order for the automated system to work.  When I inquired about fax forwarding, I was told only voice lines can be forwarded.  So once again, RC fails in its support.

answered on Jan 8, 2019 at 8:51am  
We are trying to make another of our fax number as fax dedicated line only and switch the Fax line that we currently use as main fax line to a voice and fax line.  Then we will be able to forward unconditionally.  That is a work around solution.  Will let you know once we make the swtich if that will work.  

answered on Jan 7, 2019 at 9:17am  
We do have two fax numbers.  One is attached to a user, and one that is main fax #.  I would to forward the main Fax # that comes with account.  I can always switch the numbers if needed.

on Jan 7, 2019 at 9:27am   •  1 likes

I might be wrong about being able to do this for your main number fax, but for fax numbers associated to users this should guide you: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9758.html

I would chat with support about how to do this for the main fax. They may need to move it to a user to allow you to do an unconditional call forward on it.

Good luck.

answered on Jan 7, 2019 at 8:58am  
You should be able to do this with an advanced call handling or custom call handling rule.  Is the fax number attached to a user or is it the main fax that comes with the account?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us