News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Porting out: possibility of porting out numbers acquired through RC
Tags: porting and number transferring
Aug 29, 2018 at 4:30pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
ferenc-fazekas
We are already a user of the RC service, and want to expand the numbers we have through RC. However, we run into that one of our current provider can't release a local number which we acquired through them (they basically assigned that local number to us), so in order to move on we need to change all of our official paperwork...  

So we are eager to learn what are the policies at RC for each of the following separately: 
  1. Local, 
  2. Toll-free, 
  3. International 
  4. Vanity,  
  5. numbers we are porting in.
Thank you in advance for the information,
Ferenc Fazekas
on Jun 18, 2021 at 7:06am   •  0 likes

I requested to port out our numbers a week ago. I was told it was rejected due to a "name mismatch" even though I am a super admin on the account. I believe I have corrected the issue, but I can't reach anyone to verify. I've sent several emails asking for an update on this without so much as an acknowledgement from RingCentral. I tried calling the porting area, but once I entered our number for verification, it bounced me back to the main menu. It's absolutely impossible to get any in touch with RingCentral support on this.

on Jun 18, 2021 at 9:27am   •  0 likes

Hi @dawn-kraychuk , we will coordinate with the Porting Team.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 7:17am   •  0 likes

I dont have any details. No one has reached out to help me with porting our numbers

on Feb 4, 2021 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

Send us details like your RingCentral number or Company name.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 11:28am   •  0 likes

I have also attempted to port my numberst OUT of RC and RC keeps rejecting the request.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 7:12am   •  0 likes

Hi @Carlita Tolbert, please send us your details at community.support@ringcentral.com so we can check on the status.

on Jan 3, 2021 at 3:35pm   •  0 likes

Very simple to port in any number

very hard to port out the number need a day or two to understand how to port out

Also no more porting telephone customer support since dec 2020

I am still digging, how to port out,

on Jan 4, 2021 at 8:45am   •  0 likes

Hi Mohammad,

Have you already reached out to your new provider and asked them if they already sent a request to RingCentral for porting out your numbers?

on Jan 13, 2021 at 8:22am   •  1 likes

My new provider has attempted to port my numbers OUT of RC 6 times so far with all 6 being rejected. I have called personally with no resolve.

RingCentral: you promised me that the numbers I gave you would be mine to have back if I ever decided to leave. GIVE THEM BACK!!!

*Please*

on Jun 18, 2021 at 8:19am   •  0 likes

I have worked with various providers over the years and I have never had so many issues and lack of support from RingCentral. This has been true right up to the end.

on Jan 13, 2021 at 11:19am   •  0 likes

Hello Lorelei,

Please send us an email so we can check with the status. Email us at community.support@ringcentral.com

on Aug 31, 2018 at 8:19am   •  0 likes
Hi Ferenc! 

You can actually learn more about our Porting Policies by clicking on this link in your account:

On this KB are references to other specific questions regarding different types of phone numbers. You can also give our Porting Team a call at 888-898-4591 :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us