News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Constant iOS ringing even if I decline the call
Tags: call forwarding
Jul 15, 2018 at 7:37pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
matt12345678910111213
Two users both on iOS. When a call comes through and it rings into iOS ringcentral completely takes over the phone. Rejecting the call just causes ringcentral to ring through a moment later. Ideally if both users reject the call the call should go to voicemail.
on Mar 26, 2021 at 4:56am   •  0 likes

This is still an issue judging by the people mentioning it in this topic: - https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/30455/clicking-ignore-call-or-declining-the-call-does-no.html We have the issue too and I have tried chasing support on it.

on Mar 26, 2021 at 8:36am   •  0 likes

Hi @Nathan Ramsden-Lock, I updated the thread you mentioned above.

2 Answers
answered on Nov 19, 2020 at 1:43pm  

@ted-jaffe this is still happening to me in 2020. My user is in a call queue with many users.

If they decline a call on the iPhone, it immediately rings the device again. This will repeat 3-4 times or for the duration of the call ringing.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

on Nov 20, 2020 at 2:04pm   •  0 likes

Hello @austin-locke, this might be happening if the settings are "rotational." The call will hunt to the next available agent/user. If the issue still present, I would highly suggest opening a case HERE. Thank you!

answered on Jul 16, 2018 at 8:01pm  
Hi Matt - this is because the two users are in the same call queue for a particular phone number (the flow is managed by the RingCentral admin at service.ringcentral.com - so be sure to check it if you're an admin).  

In general, the functionality works more like an ignore case on a user by user basis by design.  We're making some enhancements to the call queue use cases in Q3.

Please shoot an email to   glip.mobile.feedback@ringcentral.com to follow up on more details.   Our team is eager to speak with you directly some more on this subject :)

Thanks,
Ted

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us