News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
NO SOUND
Tags: ringcentral app, hardware
May 14, 2018 at 11:02am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
z

I can receive sound when I visit youtube or skype but I can't get any sound on my ringcentral desktop app. I've purchased a new mic and new headset and I still can't hear voicemail and no sound for calls.

i've called tech support and they refuse to help.

6 Answers
answered on Jun 20, 2018 at 9:50am  
06/20/2018 11:37AM

To those who has Window 10 and no longer getting sound on your RingCentral DeskTop App after the most recent Window Update EX: Cannot hear sound from voicemail or sound of someone's voice.  This is the solution for you!!! YES!!! This has been an EXTREMELY brutal, painful, frustrated, and COSTLY experience and yet Microsoft failed to inform its customers.  

I've follow the first instructions and it has fixed the problem. 

1.1. Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone
- For quicker and less confusing process just search  "microphone privacy settings" in WIndow 10 and the setting menu will appear. 

1.2. Set Allow access to the Microphone on this device to ON

1.3. Allow apps to access your microphone - Switch to ON
 - Very important -  You may not see RingCentral app on the list so just make sure you Switch to ON (1.2).  You would still be able to turn off the apps you don't need. 

1.4. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required toON.
 - You may not see ring central app under the list but as long has you've completed Step 1.2 then you would be able to hear the sound again.  

1.5. Restart system

To Ring Central IT management team, I highly recommend you to inform all front line IT Support Team and make sure they are aware of the situation and solution as well to ensure all Customers have the best experience.  Please note, if your IT staff is not inform then they would follow the standard procedure to solve the problem...1) your IT person could spend over a hour for each call and still not sure what the problem is 2) Customers would become EVEN MORE frustrated. 3) Just inform the entire IT team and help the customers for the sake of the customers by putting ego aside... you don't know what the problem is just admit it and work on the solutions.  

It's been a long painful process but I am glad this is working now.  Good luck to you all and have an awesome rest of your year and I hope I won't have to come back to this "community" any time soon.  

Best Regards, 

answered on Jun 20, 2018 at 7:25am  
Hey Everyone,

Since this is an issue with Microsoft there is only so much that we can do. Our Product Team has, however, put together some instructions that should help until a new Windows Update is released:

How to solve this issue in the interim

If users experience a problem with the softphone audio after latest Windows update ver. 1803,please follow these steps:

1.1. Windows Key+I > Privacy > Microphone

1.2. Set Allow access to the Microphone on this device to ON

1.3. Allow apps to access your microphone - Switch to ON

1.4. Choose which apps can access your Microphone - If needed make required toON.

1.5. Restart system

If this was not helpful, please try the system recovery as explained in this article

2.1. Go to start>Type CMD

2.2. Right click and run as Administrator (called an elevated command prompt)

2.3. Type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")

2.4. Wait until completion

2.5. MS article states that in some cases this procedure needs to be repeated up to 3times in order to resolve all of the issues.

2.6. Restart system

answered on May 14, 2018 at 12:14pm  
Hey Z,

What kind of headset/mic are you using? Does a different headset/mic work just fine with the softphone? Have you tried using your headset/mic on a different computer that is also running the softphone? 

answered on May 14, 2018 at 12:19pm  
it's not my headphone/mic ... my ringcentral was working fine last Friday and I just bought a new mic/headset after a Tech support guy told me it's my headset/mic which is not the case. 

answered on May 14, 2018 at 11:42am  
Yes.  I've checked 5 times.  Uninstall/Install RC software twice.  It doesn't work. 

answered on May 14, 2018 at 11:08am  
Have you changed the settings in the sound tab under settings?  It may be defaulting to a different sound source.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us