News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Message "Switch call to this device" keeps popping up in the desktop app
Tags: phone
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:12am   •   29 replies  •  0 likes
Dan

Account type: US

Desktop version: 9.4.3-29474

I started having this issue in the last week. After a call ends, I get a green button in the RingCentral for Windows desktop application asking if I want to switch call to this device.

There isn't another active call. If I click the "Switch" button, it tries to perform the action but I just encounter dead air. The phone number listed in the popup changes over time (often, it's the number from my last call).

If I do nothing, the green button will often disappear on it's own.

Anyone else encounter this? Suggested solutions?

P.S. Already rebooted, so that isn't a solution. ;-)

on Sep 12, 2018 at 10:15am   •  0 likes
Hmmm....This should have been fixed in the 10.0 roll out. Please open a case so we can gather logs and investigate!
on Apr 12, 2018 at 2:46pm   •  1 likes
I am still experiencing this issue, version 9.4.3.19474

on Mar 2, 2018 at 10:49am   •  1 likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Always says I have an active call. Even when no call is active, RC says "Switch call to this device".  When clicked, neither "Cancel " or "Switch" have any affect and it still says I have an active call.
on Mar 2, 2018 at 6:54am   •  1 likes
Case created (06858341) and logs uploaded.
on Mar 2, 2018 at 7:24am   •  1 likes
I was told by support that this was because of how we use the RC smartphone app (we had too many users). I tried to insist it was a bug, but got the brush off. GTK that it's not just us.
on Mar 1, 2018 at 12:36pm   •  1 likes
This has happened to me recently as well.  I think it's a bug with the 9.4.3 rollout.
on Mar 1, 2018 at 12:28pm   •  0 likes
Hey Danp,

I've heard of a few cases of this occurring. It definitely needs to be investigated! Please open a case and include the debug logs (if you don't feel comfortable gathering them, your support agent can help).

on Sep 12, 2018 at 9:14am   •  1 likes
I am having this same problem. Why hasn't this been resolved?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 1:47pm   •  1 likes
Same here.  Started when I upgraded.  
on Apr 19, 2021 at 12:10pm   •  0 likes

Hi Dan, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

19 Answers
answered on Jun 22, 2023 at 9:30am  

This happened to me too and with ZERO support from RingCentral I figured it out. Log into your RingCentral, Go to Reports, Call Log.

You'll see the call in question is shown as "In-Progress." Check the box next to it and click the RESET Button at the top. Should solve it.

*Special shoutout to RingCentral for taking 10mins to get to a person and then disconnecting/dropping the call before providing any sort of assistance.*

answered on Apr 19, 2021 at 11:19am  

I am having the same issue here as well, very frequently with one user. Anyone have a solution> Opening a ticket leads to nowhere.

on Apr 19, 2021 at 12:11pm   •  0 likes

Hi Frank, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

answered on Nov 14, 2018 at 4:24pm  
I have a user under my account having this same issue using the latest RC Phone app version 10.2.1.31914.  I have opened a ticket with RC support as well.

answered on Nov 9, 2018 at 3:48pm  
Still having this issue after updating to 10.2.1

answered on Nov 2, 2018 at 11:08am  
FWIW, this issue seems to popup randomly for me (started again a few days ago), even when running the latest version of the software.

answered on Nov 2, 2018 at 7:58am  
I have a user that keeps getting this pop up after he hangs up a call... what was the fix?

answered on Nov 2, 2018 at 8:01am  
What version of the software are they on? We haven't had the issue since updating to the latest version I believe. I will double check with the person who was lead on that issue. She is out until Monday. 

answered on Sep 21, 2018 at 9:57am  
We updated to a newer version of the RC app 10.2 for this user today and will be monitoring the behavior. 

answered on Sep 21, 2018 at 9:41am  
Hey Everyone, I wanted to follow up with all of you to see if you're still having this issue?

answered on Sep 17, 2018 at 2:41pm  
I had this message begin appearing last Thursday 9/13.  Mac desktop app, version 10.1.2.31099 and 10.2.0.31893.  Support chat didn't acknowledge it is a known issue, just asked me to delete and reinstall the app.  I was given case # 07647750.  In one case, this 'switch call to this device' pop-up would not go away, even after killing the app and restarting.  It blocked answering the next incoming call.  Most calls now, it just appears for a brief moment when the call ends.  Once today, it popped up and didn't clear for a minute or so.  

answered on Sep 17, 2018 at 12:56pm  
I am on the phone with support now.  We have a user with this same problem.  He is saying it is a known issue.  Our user is experiencing static with the calls as well which he says has not been reported with this issue. 

answered on Sep 14, 2018 at 8:28am  
This is happening to me as well - started happening a couple of days ago (9/12).  I'm not able to get the green 'Switch call to this device' button to go away.  I don't have any active calls.  Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?   Any help appreciated.

answered on Sep 14, 2018 at 8:30am  
Hey Everyone, please open a case so we can investigate what's going on and get logs! Thank you!

answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 3:21pm  
I fixed this on my ext...

So I had this start occurring on my ext today for the first time.  We are on 10.1.1.

When I saw the "Switch call to this device", being new to the system I thought I didn't properly hang up something or I did something wrong.  I was messing around with the RingCentral for Google Chrome Extension earlier today so I went back to that and it showed me having an active call using the RingOut function.

I went to the settings of the RingCentral for Google Chrome Extension and logged out.  I then logged out of the softphone.  When I fired everything backup up and logged in the "Switch call..." banner was gone.

This is the first time this has happened to me, hopefully this will provide some insight...

answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 11:44am  
This has recently started happening to me again. My original case # was 06858341

answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 1:19pm  
I have a user who is having this same issue, it seems to be affecting their ability to receive calls / make transfers etc. I shall put a case in, with the logs

answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 11:04am  
How do I open a case?

answered on Jun 7, 2018 at 11:39am  
Still happening

answered on May 4, 2018 at 6:34am  
Not solved in 10.0 release.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us