News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mass Texting (SMS)
Tags: high-volume sms, sms
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:57pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
allan-sanchez

I'd like to follow up the feature request of mass-texting. Instead of copy and pasting one phone number at a time from a spreadsheet; is there a way where you can choose multiple cells on the Excel and paste it to Ring Central App to mass text?

on Nov 19, 2021 at 6:21am   •  0 likes

@lancegentry, we have the solution you are looking for scheduling text messages. Check out usesendit.com. We are already set up to work flawless with Ring Central, and you can set the date, time and customize text messages. If you want more information or a free trial, please email me at sales@usesendit.com

on Mar 31, 2021 at 6:07pm   •  0 likes

I agree with the need for this.

I like RingCentral, but may move to Textbetter if this feature is not implemented soon. It is hard to believe people have been asking for this for years without it being implemented. This can be very simply done along with allowing us to slightly customize our text message (such as including the recipient's name). Here are two simple ways we could do this.

One, allow us to cut and paste a bunch of phone numbers at once to the RingCentral app for texting. Right now we have to cut and paste one number at a time, and I just did over 300 of them on one day. That's asking for carpal tunnel syndrome and there is no good reason for this.

Two, allow us to upload a spreadsheet or .csv file with two fields. The first field would be the phone number and the second field would be the text message. That would easily allow us to use our own software to customize each message, and then upload it to RingCentral for texting. This would be my number one request and I would then be very motivated to encourage other people to switch to RingCentral as well.

Both of these upgrades should be simple to implement, and would make a huge difference for those of us who use texting to communicate professionally.
on Apr 1, 2021 at 8:31am   •  2 likes

Hi Lance, we have an ongoing Beta for mass SMS. To know more about this, please go to our Support site at https://support.ringcentral.com/ and search for High Volume SMS.

on Apr 1, 2021 at 8:02am   •  1 likes

@Lance Gentry High Volume SMS may be something of interest to you.
Please check out this link from the Developer team on this feature.
I've seen that you've added your vote to this in the Ideas Portal as well - thank you!

1 Answer
answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 7:50am  
Hi Allan,

Sorry, not at this time.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us