News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral for Salesforce - Open New Window/Tab
Tags: salesforce
May 3, 2017 at 2:43pm   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
joe-pryor
My problem is that none of my employees like the Ringcentral for Salesforce app. Why? Because if they are in the middle of setting up a case or job or opportunity and the phone rings it changes to the incoming contact page and they lose all their work. Is their a way to set it up so a call opens a NEW tab with the contact?
7 Answers
answered on Feb 21, 2020 at 2:22pm  
Hello James,

Based on the details you provided, I believe you are encountering an expected behaviour of the App.
The Call Match is being pulled based on the entity you have navigated to which varies between different browser tabs. Looks like in your call scenario there is no match for an entity based on the phone number. This is an expected behaviour. We could consider enhancing the App to reflect the record based on the latest navigated tab which would need us to do technical and business feasibility analysis.

If you believe that there should be records matched based on phone number and it does not show up correctly, please open a RingCentral support case.

answered on Feb 21, 2020 at 12:58pm  
The RingCentral for Lightning app has several issues if users have multiple tabs open. The Related To drop down menu will not populate any records for the browser tab which answered the call, but this drop down menu will be populated in any other open Salesforce Lightning tab (but for whatever record page that tab has loaded). Having the records populate the related list based on the most recently active browser window could solve this issue. 

answered on Sep 14, 2018 at 3:14pm  
This is a salesforce limitation. I would recommend you comment on their ideas-exchange as we agree this was something users wanted. https://success.salesforce.com/ideasearch

answered on Jun 27, 2018 at 12:01pm  
This is disappointing that it does not open on a new windows under lightning. 

answered on Jun 26, 2018 at 1:55pm  
This feature no longer appears to work - at least in lightning. We have the screen pops set to New browser window or tab, but it is still changing the current tab to the new record. It is quite frustrating!

on May 6, 2020 at 11:28am   •  1 likes
Hello - we are new to RingCentral and just discovered the same problem with the Salesforce integration.  If we have the screenpop on, our users will lose their work by answering an incoming call. There is no link for the user to use.  The RingCentral for Salesforce Lightning Admin guide includes instructions for opening in a new tab vs. existing.  But if I'm reading this correctly, that actually is not possible?  So what are the options for using this salesforce app? Either users losing their work or having no screen pops aren't good options.  Are there other choices?  Thank you!

on Feb 21, 2022 at 6:37pm   •  0 likes

Has there been any update on this subject. We are brand new to RC and I see the popup still opens in the same window and users lose their work.

on Feb 22, 2022 at 5:44am   •  0 likes

Yes, this is not a limitation in RC but a restriction in SF.

Our solution has been to only make the window pop when our agent answers the call. That way they have time to save any work or simply not pickup the phone.

on Feb 22, 2022 at 6:11am   •  0 likes

We found that after the screen pop, if the browser back button is clicked, it goes back to the previous screen successfully, and the user's work/unfinished notes are still in tact. If they click a salesforce link to navigate back, the work will be lost. So we still have it on, but train users to use the browser back button.

on Feb 22, 2022 at 6:16am   •  0 likes

We honestly found it extremely disruptive to our agents' productivity to be yanked out of a task so forcefully and without warning. We would rather have them take 5-10 seconds to save their work before answering an incoming call. I would also be very surprised if that back-button trick is reliable across browsers and tasks.

If a caller can't wait 5-10 seconds then I'm pretty sure we've got bigger problems. :)

on Oct 14, 2019 at 2:07pm   •  1 likes
Hello Simon, 
Salesforce Lightning is supposed to be used within in a single browser tab since there are model windows within a single tab unlike classic where you keep multiple tabs open for multiple entities. My comment is pretty old, we used to have links for matching results on call log on the old versions of the app but not anymore.  Any specific question or concern we can answer for you ? 
on Feb 21, 2022 at 6:41pm   •  0 likes

WOW so this is not useable? Is there no update on this at all?????

answered on May 4, 2017 at 8:04am  
This solved my problem. There are several interesting and helpful setting on this layout page. Worth customizing.

answered on May 4, 2017 at 7:27am  
Hello Joe,

The admin on the Salesforce account can go into the Softphone Layout Settings and edit the layout. You will want to select the option underlined below:

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us