News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Caller can't hear me.
Tags: phone
Oct 11, 2016 at 7:57am   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
card-connect

Downloaded Ring app to Iphone 6s Plus. When a call comes in the caller can't hear me. I can hear them though. If I push the keypad on phone they hear that on the callers side but cannot hear my voice. Any Ideas?

11 Answers
answered on Mar 14, 2019 at 5:54pm  
Yeah been frustrating 

answered on Oct 2, 2018 at 3:11pm  
This afternoon I started getting issues with callers not being able to hear me. I can hear them, but for them every other word cuts out. It's not my carrier, my regular call service works perfectly fine. It's only the app. It's not a latency issue, no faults with internet or wifi, and we have no packet loss. I have tried reinstalling, logging out, rebooting devices, you name it. Please help.

answered on Oct 2, 2018 at 3:14pm  
Hello Everyone,

If you're experiencing issues, please contact our Support Team so we can troubleshoot. There are multiple things that could be causing the issue.

answered on Oct 2, 2018 at 8:15am  
About half of my callers cannot hear me (about 30 calls a day) I have tried using the RC Phone and the RingCentral app and both have the same results. The speaker on my phone is fine, it's a new iphoneX and i am heard very clearly when I'm not using these apps. I have tired reinstalling these apps and the apps have permission to access my microphone. I am literally yelling into my phone and I cannot be heard. Please help before I lose my voice. 

answered on Jan 10, 2018 at 7:44am  
The caller said they can hear there voice with an echo, but cannot hear me talking to them.

answered on Dec 4, 2017 at 11:02am  
bump.  the indicator on the desktop app shows almost no sound level on the mic input.  the computer sees the input fine..  this is on a mac

answered on Jun 27, 2017 at 5:52am  
Callers cannot hear me when they call or when I call.  It happens from the app on my computer and from my phone.  I have adjusted and tried different VOIP settings.  I have adjusted the volume settings.  I have adjusted the microphone settings.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the phone app.  Nothing has worked.  I am cancelling my account.  This service is terrible.  

answered on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:05pm  
Me too. Been going on for a few months now. Lately it's been more of them hearing me but I can't hear them. 2-3 times a day. When they call back it connects. Happened more on my desktop phone than my mobile.

answered on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:27pm  
Ok I figured it out...   when I downloaded the app to the smartphone, the app did not ask  to use the microphone.   I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  When I did the microphone permission pop up appeared.  It now works fine.

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 10:03am  
I'm having the same exact issue. Incoming caller cannot hear me, or claims my voice sounds very low/far away even though the volume is at its highest. I can hear them perfectly though. They seem to hear me when I put them on speakerphone but cannot pick up every call on speakerphone. Very frustrating. 
* I want to add that I am on an iPhone 6s with Verizon. This problem isn't occurring with colleagues on T Mobile or AT&T. 

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:43pm  
Is there a chance you bumped the "mute" button?   Did this happen on just one call?  If it's on all calls, go ahead and try to reinstall the app.

If it continues, test it again using a wifi signal and again using the phones/carriers data signal.  If it works on one but not the other let us know. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us