News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Voice delay!!!
Tags: phone
Sep 2, 2016 at 3:04pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
kimberhly-hopkins

It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to constantly talk over my clients, or them over me, because of the horrible delay in hearing each other! I used to make calls directly from my phone's app. To avoid the delay, I though I'd try make calls through my back office (i.e. having the number dial my cell phone from my laptop)Still a delay. A "network issue' does not sound like my problem. Any suggestions, one way or the other, of how to rectify this problem? I have a Samsung Note 4, and my servicer is T-Mobile.

on Apr 8, 2020 at 11:03am   •  2 likes
We're new customers and are having the same problem. It's VERY frustrating. Add to the complexity of the situation that we're all working remote, so every situation is unique per office.
OP- Did your issue get resolved with network configuration?
on Sep 2, 2016 at 6:34pm   •  0 likes
Hello, Mike. What I mean is I sign into my account via my laptop and use the "soft phone" there. It then rings my phone so I can dial out. I did what you suggested, and DARN IT, it worked! Lol! That only sucks (for me) because our house WiFi is very undependable and drops off often. I will definitely do that, however, when we get more dependable service. Thanks so much for your help!
on Sep 2, 2016 at 4:06pm   •  0 likes
Hi Kimberly,  We'll be happy to help troubleshoot this. 

First can you clarify a few things.  Can you tell us what you mean  "make calls through my back office (i.e. having the number dial my cell phone from my laptop)"? 

Delay is almost always a network issue. It's generally caused by latency in the voice packets as they are delivered across the internet.  Try switching from your phone's data plan to a wifi signal and test again and let us know the result?  

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us