News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Setup Custom or Holiday Hours : Advanced Rule
Tags: call handling, admin portal
Aug 26, 2021 at 7:16am   •   17 replies  •  0 likes
kim

Advanced Rules can be set for Holidays, Vacations, Sick-days or any other situation where you will need the calls re-routed.  
This can be done for Company Wide or User Holiday Hours.  Here is a simple way to setup your Holiday Hours. 

Select the Specific Date Range, that way you don't have to remember to turn it off when Tuesday morning comes. :-) 

2 Choices:
1) Play Company Greeting: record a custom greeting about your Holiday Hours
2) Bypass greeting to go to extension: select your Message-Only / Announcement-Only Ext to route the calls to.  

or

Below is the finished product - you will be brought back to the main screen for adding rules

17 Answers
answered on Jan 1, 2021 at 6:47am  

And all of this is lies. It no longer works this way. Thanks for more time wasted, RingCentral. How is it you still get customers? Do the new guys you try to entreat with freebies and recommendations you never actually payout on allow you to add customers faster than the ones you are pissing off are leaving? Is that how you stay afloat?

answered on Jan 21, 2020 at 10:05am  
Please add a way to prioritize rules. We have a sales dept. that has different hours than our office. They're open until 7:30 each night while our office shuts down at 5. They also have Saturday hours. While they are open but the main office is closed, I have a separate IVR menu attached to a custom rule during those time frames. Every holiday that we are all closed, I have to go in and change the rules around. I would love to see a spot that we can click to say that the holiday rule would take priority over the normal sales dept. hours instead of me having to create a holiday rule and then also change the sales dept. rule each time. 

answered on Feb 16, 2018 at 1:57pm  
We have close to 60 US offices setup in call queues and this would be really helpful to apply it across the board.  Unfortunately, there we have a handful of international offices that don't observe the same holidays.

Without a way to exclude them, we can't apply the advanced rule across the board.  We have to setup a "holiday schedule" for each office's call queue.  Maybe templates for call queues???

answered on Dec 29, 2017 at 12:18pm  
Is there any way to get this to just use the after-hours rules?  Basically all I want to do is say we're open from 9AM - 12PM on a given day, and once it hits 12:01PM, use the recording/menu we have set up for after-hours.  Currently it seems the only way to do this is to change the company operating hours, and then of course you have to remember to go back in and set it back to the normal hours.

answered on Dec 14, 2017 at 9:27am  
I just got off the phone with tech support and learned if you use multi-level IVR, the system is not capable of automatically bypassing the regular greeting to play a holiday greeting instead.  Someone needs to manually turn off the regular greeting and turn on the holiday one.  Then, manually switch them back again.  Definitely a feature that needs to be fixed. 

answered on Dec 12, 2017 at 2:08pm  

Your instructions describe something that doesn't exist.  Under the "Define Call Handling", there are no options or choices.  It just gives "Select top level IVR menu or extension" and that is all.  It doesn't give an option to bypass the regular greeting.

answered on Nov 13, 2017 at 12:06pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled out of office voicemail. I would like for an "Out of office" voicemail greeting to be available for use without having to re-create the normal voicemail greeting. Perhaps there should be a feature where you can have multiple voicemail greetings available and you can have a check box to choose which one to use at anytime.

answered on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:16pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need to add a Vacation and Holiday tab under Messages & Notifications. We would like to see RC add a Vacation and Holiday tab under Messages & Notifications so users can record custom messages when on vacation or a holiday is approaching.  We would need to be able to schedule these messages for a period of time and then have them shut off automatically

answered on Jan 25, 2017 at 9:21am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forward Rule for After Hours to extension group. We would like to be able to forward the operator extension to the support group after hours without purchasing the dedicated phone number. Since most of those users are on just their cell phones after hours and their duty schedule changes it isn't possible either to use the ring groups.

answered on Jan 5, 2017 at 6:48am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forwarding. How can i set up the attendant to forward to our after hours answering service?  Is that possible?

answered on Sep 2, 2016 at 3:47pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR's should be allowed to have Holiday messages.. 1. us
2. web company create phone recordings
3. need to be able to make Holiday messages and schedule them for IVRs 
4. Labor day is monday and i have to wake on holiday and set up this message and then take it off at the end of the day. Not ideal
5. avoid having to do #4 on one's holiday

answered on Jul 22, 2016 at 7:31am  
Go to Call Handling & Forwarding and click Advanced.  You can set up one voicemail recording for EACH rule you set up.

answered on Jul 22, 2016 at 7:28am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to setup Multiple Voicemail Greetings for Holiday's and Vacations?. I know we can record an after hours message in addition to our normal message, but how do I record several other sort of messages like a holiday or vacation one so we dont' have to keep rerecording.

answered on Nov 3, 2015 at 11:57am  
are we able to apply the same rule to all users yet?  pull the rules from a central location?  i would love to create the rule only 1 time and apply it to multiple users at once.

answered on Oct 13, 2015 at 9:09am  
The forum topic Schedule Changes in Voice Mail Greetings was closed and merged into this topic but it should not have been. The Advanced Rule discussed here involves scheduling changes to the company-wide auto receptionist greeting. The other topic involves allowing each user to schedule changes for personal voice mail greetings. The two are not the same and the other topic should be reopened.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:05pm  
User Specific:  Use this feature for Vacations also. Save Specific Custom Voicemail Greeting for your vacation time without having to remember to "change" it back when you return. 

Under Take Messages, select Default/Customer and record your Custom Vacation Voicemail. 

answered on Aug 24, 2015 at 7:48am  
this is a great feature, i only wish the rules could be copied from a global pool...  because my company has multiple offices under the same account, each with different hours, and our IVR options react differently with each option, we assign hours to call queues directly, I can and have assigned custom rules already, but I've needed to create each rule more then 80 times.  simply importing the rule to each queue would be a HUGE bonus!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us