question

andrey-demenev247 avatar image
andrey-demenev247 asked Anirban answered

500 status code returned from restapi/oauth/token

curl -i  https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token -d grant_type=password -d username=XXXXX -d password=XXXX -H 'Authorization: Basic XXXX' -H 'Accept: application/json'  HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: nginx/1.6.3
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 01:43:36 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 119
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: RCRoutingInfo=deleted; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; Path=/
RoutingKey: SJC11P01PAS01
X-ERROR-ID: fe3a7b58-9b8c-4f0e-b6ec-71dddf716e73
X-REQUEST-ID: 97625
Content-Language: en
{

"message" : "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.",
  "eventId" : "fe3a7b58-9b8c-4f0e-b6ec-71dddf716e73"
}

Exactly same request was sent before, and returned a meaningful response (access toke, refresh token etc)

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
This could have been a hiccup, myself and others on the team have tested this and we've not received any 500 errors.

As long as you're following the documentation here:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#Authentication.html you should be fine.

I'm going to mark this as answered for now, but if you experience this in the future...let us know.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

It may happens in case the ringcentral oauth server is down when you were hitting the API. Else this type of exception is very rare to occur. Maybe you had hit during a down-time

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys